2016 Award Recipient:
Craig Vroom, Principal
The Outstanding Administrator Award recognizes an Ohio school administrator who has made significant contributions to the planning, implementation, and/or support of school library programs, resulting in improved program quality and increased student learning.
The Outstanding Administrator Award recipient receives a commemorative plaque. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA’s 2017 Annual Conference. The recipient’s name will be announced via OELMA’s email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA’s webpage.
OELMA’s Awards Strategic Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Committee is comprised of four OELMA members approved by the OELMA Board, Immediate Past President, Co-chairs of the Awards Strategic Committee approved by the OELMA Board, and the Director Liaison to Awards. The OELMA Board of Directors makes the final decision on all awards.
The Outstanding Administrator Award recipient will be selected from nominees who meet the following criteria:
- Nomination by an OELMA member
- Employed as an Ohio school administrator — district superintendent, district assistant superintendent, district director, district coordinator, or building principal — or School Board Member (Library/media supervisors are not eligible for this award.)
- Evidence of administrative support of school library programs, resulting in improved program quality and increased student learning
- Meets at least minimum score on OELMA’s Outstanding Administrator Award Rubric
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards application form
- Nomination letter, which provides specific evidence of the nominee’s support of school library programs
- Career-related details (e.g. resume), including the following: current and previous professional positions, education, professional organizations and offices held, outstanding achievements, honors and awards
- Photograph in .jpg or .gif format
- Nominee should respond — in no more than 250 words — to this statement: Explain the role of the school library program in the school environment.
Late materials will not be accepted.
All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 5:00 p.m. on April 3rd.
You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.