The Outstanding Administrator Award recognizes an Ohio school administrator, who has made significant contributions to the planning, implementation, and/or support of school library programs, resulting in improved program quality and increased student learning.
The Outstanding Administrator Award recipient receives a commemorative plaque. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA's Annual Conference. The recipient’s name will be announced via OELMA’s E-mail list and posted on the Scholarship & Awards section of OELMA’s Web page.
OELMA’s Scholarship & Awards Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Committee is comprised of a representative from each OELMA Region, the Immediate Past President, and the Scholarship and Awards Co-Chairs, who are appointed by the President. OELMA’s Board of Directors makes the final decision on all awards.
The Outstanding Administrator Award recipient will be selected from nominees who meet the following criteria:
- Nomination by an OELMA member;
- Employed as an Ohio school administrator -- district superintendent, district assistant superintendent, district director, district coordinator, or building principal -- or School Board Member (Library/media supervisors are not eligible for this award.); and
- Evidence of administrative support of school library programs, resulting in improved program quality and increased student learning.
Application packets should include the following materials:
- Completed OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program Application Form;
- Nomination letter, which provides specific evidence of the nominee’s support of school library programs;
- Career-related details (e.g. resume), including the following: current and previous professional positions; education; professional organizations and offices held; outstanding achievements; honors and awards; and
- Nominee should respond -- in no more than 250 words -- to this statement: Explain the role of the school library program in the school environment.
Late materials will not be accepted.
All application materials must be submitted to the OELMA Office in a single packet or .pdf file. The following three submission methods may be used:
· Hand-deliver award application materials to the OELMA Office by 5 p.m. April 15;
· Mail award application materials. Award materials must be postmarked by 5 p.m. April 15;
· Submit award application materials online at www.oelma.org by 5 p.m. April 15.
o You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.