The OELMA/Follett Library Resources School Librarian-of-the-Year Award recognizes an Ohio certified library media specialist, who develops an exemplary school library program, collaborates with classroom teachers, implements technology-integrated instruction, demonstrates educational leadership, and advocates for school libraries.
This Award is sponsored by Follett Library Resources, which provides a $ 150 stipend and commemorative plaque for the recipient. The Award honoree will be recognized during OELMA’s Awards Event at the Annual Conference. The Award recipient’s name will be posted on the Scholarship & Awards section of OELMA’s Web page and announced via OELMA’s list serv.
OELMA’s Scholarship & Awards Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Scholarship and Awards Committee is comprised of a representative from each OELMA Region, the Immediate Past President, and the Scholarship and Awards Chair, who is appointed by the President. Although this Committee makes award recommendations, OELMA’s Board of Directors makes the final decision at the May Board meeting.
The OELMA/Follett School Librarian-of-the-Year Award recipient will be selected from nominees who meet the following criteria:
- OELMA membership for the previous five years;
- An Ohio certified library media specialist, who has developed an exemplary school library program;
- Demonstrates notable performance in the following areas: classroom teacher collaboration; educational leadership; technology-integrated instruction; and school library advocacy; and
- Demonstrates outstanding performance in at least one of the above-listed areas.
Application packets should include the following materials:
- Completed OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program Application Form ;
- Nomination letter, which explains how the nominee meets award selection criteria;
- Career-related details (e.g. resume), including the following: current and previous professional positions; education; professional organizations and offices held; outstanding achievements; honors and awards; and
- At least one – and no more than three – letters of support providing specific evidence of the nominee’s
collaboration with classroom teachers, implementation of technology-integrated instruction, educational leadership, and school library advocacy.
All application materials must be submitted to the OELMA Office in a single packet via one of these methods:
- Hand-deliver the Awards submission materials to the OELMA Office by 5 p.m. April 15;
- Mail the Awards submission materials, which must be postmarked by 5 p.m. April 15; or
- Online at www.oelma.org by 5 p.m. April 15 (You will be able to upload supporting submission material to the online form)
Late materials will not be accepted.
Send completed application materials to: OELMA Office, c/o Scholarships & Awards Committee, 17 South High Street, Suite 200, Columbus, OH 43215