The OELMA/Follett School Solutions Outstanding School Librarian Award recognizes a licensed Ohio school librarian, who develops an exemplary school library program, collaborates with classroom teachers, implements technology-integrated instruction, and advocates for school libraries.
This Award is sponsored by Follett Library Resources, which provides a $ 150 stipend and commemorative plaque for the recipient. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA's Annual Conference. The recipient’s name will be announced via OELMA’s E-mail list and posted on the Scholarship & Awards section of OELMA’s Web page.
OELMA’s Scholarship & Awards Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Committee is comprised of a representative from each OELMA Region, the Immediate Past President, and the Scholarship and Awards Co-Chairs, who are appointed by the President. OELMA’s Board of Directors makes the final decision on all awards.
The OELMA/Follett Library Resources Outstanding School Librarian Award recipient will be selected from nominees who meet the following criteria:
- OELMA membership for the previous five years;
- A licensed Ohio school librarian, who demonstrates notable performance in the following areas: collaborating with classroom teachers; implementing technology-integrated instruction; and advocating for school libraries; and
- Demonstrates outstanding performance in at least one of the above-listed categories.
Application packets should include the following materials:
Completed OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program Application Form;
Application letter, which explains how the candidate meets award selection criteria; this letter needs to provide specific evidence of collaboration with classroom teachers, implementation of technology-integrated instruction, and school library advocacy; and
Career-related details (e.g. resume), including the following: current and previous professional positions; education; professional organizations and offices held; outstanding achievements; honors and awards.
Late materials will not be accepted.
All application materials must be submitted to the OELMA Office in a single packet or .pdf file. The following three submission methods may be used:
· Hand-deliver award application materials to the OELMA Office by 5 p.m. April 15;
· Mail award application materials. Award materials must be postmarked by 5 p.m. April 15;
· Submit award application materials online at www.oelma.org by 5 p.m. April 15.
o You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.