Getting Involved In OELMA
OELMA is the premier organization for teacher-librarians within the state of Ohio. OELMA is an organization dedicated to professional development, student literacy and achievement, and technological excellence in Ohio's schools. OELMA supports our members’ efforts to implement guidelines and standards through educational programs, publications, and our network of state affiliate organizations.
Members of OELMA receive the following benefits:
- OELMA News - a newsletter filled with association as well as industry news, produced three times a year.
- Ohio Media Spectrum - a professional journal filled with interesting and timely articles for teacher-librarians.
- Access to a web site designed for your professional needs with members-only materials which include an electronic membership directory, electronic archives of newsletters and publications, and more.
- Conference discounts - OELMA members attend the Annual Conference at substantially discounted rates.
- Regional workshops - OELMA members are given the opportunity to attend any/all regional workshops at reduced, member rates.
- Participation in OELMA’s Listserv, Blog and Wiki. (Effective March 1, 2011 these will became a members only benefit)
- OELMA members are eligible for several awards and scholarships.
- Voting rights and participation on committees.
OELMA's fiscal/membership/calendar year is January 1 to December 31. Current membership rates are:
Active = $95
Retired = $55
Student = $45 (must be a full time student, not currently working to be eligible)
OELMA membership will automatically include you in a network of colleagues that share your professional interests. In addition, the member only section on this website allows you to further define and expand your interactions in OELMA via social media interactions and groupings.
OELMA’s yearly calendar includes, Annual Conference held in October, Midwinter in March and regional meetings during the school year. The Association's officers, unit committees, and task forces, of course, meet throughout the year to fulfill their specific missions.
By attending OELMA events, requesting a committee appointment, being a conference volunteer, participating in legislative advocacy, and establishing your place in OELMA, you'll find endless ways to further the mission of the association while discovering resources and opportunities to enhance your career.
Click Here to see a current List of Members