2016 Award Recipient:
Lori Lee, School Library Media Specialist
The Information Technology Innovation Award recognizes school librarians who design, develop, and implement innovative uses of technology in instruction. This award spotlights the importance of emerging technologies in supporting student learning.
The Information Technology Innovation Award recipient receives a commemorative plaque. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA’s 2017 Annual Conference. The recipient’s name will be announced via OELMA’s email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA’s webpage. The 3-to-5 minute video will be uploaded to the OELMA1 YouTube Channel.
OELMA’s Awards Strategic Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Committee is comprised of four OELMA members approved by the OELMA Board, Immediate Past President, Co-chairs of the Awards Strategic Committee approved by the OELMA Board, and the Director Liaison to Awards. The OELMA Board of Directors makes the final decision on all awards.
The Information Technology Innovation Award recipient will be selected from nominees who meet the following criteria:
- A licensed Ohio library media specialist, who is an OELMA member
- Evidence of a commitment to the implementation of innovative uses of technology in instruction
- Submission of a 3-to 5-minute video that highlights/demonstrates an innovative technology lesson plan-in-action
- Meets at least minimum score on OELMA’s Information Technology Innovation Rubric.
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- Nomination letter, which explains how the nominee meets award selection criteria and provides evidence of the nominee’s uses of technology to improve the teaching and learning process
- Photograph in .jpg or .gif format
- 3-to-5 minute digital video file that demonstrates an innovative technology lesson plan-in-action. This video may be published online
Late materials will not be accepted.
All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 5:00 p.m. on April 3rd.
You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.