Books for Bedtime
Meagan Warren, Founder
The Literacy Leader Award recognizes community organizations for exemplary support of literacy. This award honors community organizations supporting literacy that reinforces student learning.
The Literacy Leader Award recipient receives a commemorative plaque. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA’s 2017 Annual Conference. The recipient/s will be announced via OELMA’s email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA’s webpage.
OELMA’s Awards Strategic Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Committee is comprised four OELMA members approved by the OELMA Board, Immediate Past President, Co-chairs of the Awards Strategic Committee approved by the OELMA Board, and the Director Liaison to Awards. The OELMA Board of Directors makes the final decision on all awards.
The Literacy Leader Award recipient will be selected from applicants and nominees who meet the following criteria:
- Community member or community organization nominated by OELMA member
- Demonstration of a strong, ongoing commitment to developing literacy through educational programming and/or grassroots literacy program implementation
- Meets at least minimum score on OELMA’s Literacy Leader Award Rubric
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- Nomination letter, providing specific evidence of the nominee’s ongoing support of educational programs supporting literacy and learning
Late materials will not be accepted
All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 5:00 p.m. on April 3rd.
You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.