The OELMA Media Center Spotlight serves as a showcase for library media centers in Ohio as well as a virtual professional development tool. From the comfort of your own library media center, you are able to see what your colleagues around Ohio are doing and contact them to learn more about their resources, lesson plans, etc.
During a Media Center Spotlight visit, Susan Yutzey, Immediate Past President, will take photos of the space and then sit down with you for a one-on-one discussion that focuses on the topics addressed in the Sample Questions. Prior to publishing the Media Center Spotlight blog and photos, you will receive a preview of the blog as well as the photos.
OELMA has created the Media Center Spotlight Toolkit to help you plan a visit. The Toolkit includes:
- Schedule a Visit – complete this form and Susan will email you to schedule a visit. If you wish Susan to visit several schools in either your school district or geographic area, please note this on the form.
- Release Form for Photographs – most schools require a district release form for each student. The OELMA Release Form for Photographs is in addition to the school district’s release form. If for example, there is a specific class activity that you wish Susan to observe and photograph please have students and their parents or guardians complete and sign the form ahead of time.
- Letter to your Principal – a sample letter to your principal explaining the purpose of the visit. Susan will personalize the letter on OELMA letterhead and email it to you so that you can give it to your principal.
- Sample Press Release for OELMA visit – the sample press release may be used to promote OELMA’s visit.
- Sample Questions – the sample questions can help give focus to the interview and help uncover some of the exciting things you are doing in your library media center.