District Library Chair & Library Media Specialist
Ford Intermediate School, Berea City Schools
Brook Park, Ohio
PurposeThe OELMA/Follett School Solutions Outstanding School Librarian Award recognizes a licensed Ohio school librarian, who develops an exemplary school library program, collaborates with classroom teachers, implements technology-integrated instruction, and advocates for school libraries.
OELMA/Follett School Solutions Outstanding School Librarian Award recipient will be selected from nominees who meet the following criteria:
- OELMA membership for the previous five years
- A licensed Ohio school librarian, who demonstrates notable performance in the following areas: collaborating with classroom teachers, implementing technology-integrated instruction, and advocating for school libraries
- Demonstrates outstanding performance in at least one of the above-listed categories
- Meets at least minimum score on the OELMA/Follett School Solutions Outstanding School Librarian Award Rubric
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- Application letter, which explains how the candidate meets award selection criteria; this letter needs to provide specific evidence of collaboration with classroom teachers, implementation of technology-integrated instruction, and school library advocacy
- Photograph in .jpg or .gif format
- Career-related details (e.g. resume), including the following: current and previous professional positions, education, professional organizations and offices held, outstanding achievements, honors and awards
Late materials will not be accepted
All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 5:00 p.m. on April 3rd.
You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.