2016 Award Recipient:
Bryn Dean, Library Media Specialist
The OELMA Scholarship is awarded to an Ohio resident enrolled in an accredited library school program, who’s pursuing licensure in school library/media. This scholarship is intended to help defray educational costs for future library media specialists as they complete their studies.
The OELMA Scholarship recipient receives a $ 500 stipend and a framed commemorative certificate. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA’s 2016 Annual Conference. The Scholarship recipient’s name will be announced via OELMA’s E-mail list and posted on the Scholarship & Awards section of OELMA’s Web page.
OELMA’s Scholarship & Awards Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Committee is comprised of a representative from each OELMA Region, the Immediate Past President, and the Scholarship and Awards Co-Chairs, who are appointed by the President. OELMA’s Board of Directors makes the final decision on all awards.
The OELMA Scholarship recipient will be selected from applicants and nominees who meet the following criteria:
- OELMA membership is preferred, but not required;
- Is a permanent Ohio resident, who can demonstrate financial need;
- Enrollment as a full-time or part-time student at an accredited library program, leading to school library media licensure and/or a library graduate degree; and
- Evidence of a commitment to a career in school librarianship.
Application packets should include the following materials:
- Completed OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program Application Form;
- Official transcript from the college or university in which the applicant is enrolled; and
- Application letter, which explains how the applicant meets scholarship selection criteria and provides evidence of the applicant’s commitment to a career in school librarianship.
Late materials will not be accepted.
All application materials must be submitted to the OELMA Office in a single packet or .pdf file. The following three submission methods may be used:
- Hand-deliver scholarship application materials to the OELMA Office by 5 p.m. April 1st;
- Mail scholarship application materials. Scholarship materials must be postmarked by 5 p.m. April 1st;
- Submit scholarship materials online at www.oelma.org by 5 p.m. April 1st.
You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.
Send completed application materials to: OELMA Office, c/o Scholarships & Awards Committee, 17 South High Street, Suite 200, Columbus, OH 43215 E-mail: Kate@assnoffices.com