Saint Joseph Academy, Meagan Fowler & Team
The Outstanding Individual School Library Award recognizes an exceptional building-level library program that is integrated across the total curriculum, thus meeting the diverse needs of all learners.
The Outstanding Individual School Library Award recipient receives a commemorative plaque. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA’s 2017 Annual Conference. The recipient’s name will be announced via OELMA’s email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA’s webpage. Recipients of this award will be featured on either the Media Center Spotlight or the Media Center On Air. Upon your selection, please complete the information required in the Toolkit and a member of the OELMA Board of Directors will be in touch with you to make arrangements for a school visit.
OELMA’s Awards Strategic Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Committee is comprised of four OELMA members approved by the OELMA Board, Immediate Past President, Co-chairs of the Awards Strategic Committee approved by the OELMA Board, and the Director Liaison to Awards. The OELMA Board of Directors makes the final decision on all awards.
The Outstanding Individual School Library Award recipient will be selected from nominees who meet the following criteria:
- Staffed by a licensed Ohio library media specialist who is an OELMA member
- Staffed by support staff proportionate to the student population
- Evidence of integration of library program across the total curriculum meeting the diverse needs of all learners
- Meets at least minimum score on OELMA’s Individual School Library Award Rubric
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- Nomination letter, which explains how the nominee meets award selection criteria as stipulated in OELMA’s Individual School Library Award Rubric and provides evidence of integration of the library program across the total curriculum meeting the diverse needs of all learners
- Letter of support written by building-level administrator, which explains how the nominee meets award selection criteria as stipulated in OELMA’s Individual School Library Award Rubric
- An uploaded photograph in .jpg or .gif format of the library media specialist(s) and support staff
Late materials will not be accepted
All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 5:00 p.m. on April 3rd.
You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.