Beachwood City Schools
Nominee: Jen Flaherty, Media Specialist
Beachwood High School
The Outstanding School Library District Award honors an exceptional district library program, Honorees demonstrate a distinct culture that advocates for the integral role of the school library program in student achievement at the building and district level.
The Outstanding School Library District Award recipient receives a commemorative plaque. The honorees will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA’s 2017 Annual Conference. The recipients’ name will be announced via OELMA’s email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA’s webpage. Recipients of this award will be featured on either the Media Center Spotlight or the Media Center On Air. Upon your selection, please complete the information required in the Toolkit and a member of the OELMA Board of Directors will be in touch with you to make arrangements for a school visit.
OELMA’s Awards Strategic Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Committee is comprised of four OELMA members approved by the OELMA Board, Immediate Past President, Co-chairs of the Awards Strategic Committee approved by the OELMA Board, and the Director Liaison to Awards. The OELMA Board of Directors makes the final decision on all awards.
The Outstanding School Library District Award recipient will be selected from nominees who meet the following criteria:
- Staffed by licensed Ohio library media specialists in all buildings all of whom are OELMA members
- Staffed by support staff proportionate to the student population
- Evidence of integration of library program across the total curriculum meeting the diverse needs of all learners
- Meets at least minimum score on OELMA’s School Library District Award Rubric
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- Nomination letter, which explains how the nominee meets award selection criteria as stipulated in OELMA’s School Library District Award Rubric and provides evidence of integration of the library program across the total curriculum meeting the diverse needs of all learners
- Photograph in .jpg or .gif format
- Letter of support written by district- and/or building-level administrator, which explains how the nominee meets award selection criteria as stipulated in OELMA’s School Library District Award Rubric
Late materials will not be accepted
All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 5:00 p.m. on April 3rd.
You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.