OELMA’s Leadership in Action Award recognizes an Ohio school librarian pursuing active leadership roles in local schools, in OELMA, and in national professional organizations (e.g. AASL, ALA). This award honors OELMA members demonstrating an ongoing commitment to leadership in the school library profession.
The Leadership in Action Award recipient receives a commemorative plaque. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA’s Fall Annual Conference. The recipient’s name will be announced via OELMA’s email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA’s webpage.
The Leadership in Action Award recipient will be selected from nominees who meet the following criteria:
- OELMA membership for the previous three years
- An Ohio licensed library media specialist and active participant in OELMA, who has successfully completed at least one Association leadership role, and who is currently serving in an additional leadership capacity
- Meets at least minimum score on OELMA’s Leadership in Action Award Rubric
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- Nomination letter, providing specific evidence of the nominee’s successful service in leadership roles in OELMA, and/or in local schools, and/or in national professional organizations (e.g. AASL, ALA). Be sure to include a statement about how the nominee articulates and communicates a library philosophy that positively affects school library program(s)
- Photograph in .jpg or .gif format
- Career-related details (e.g. resume), including the following: current and previous professional positions, education, professional organizations and offices held, outstanding achievements, honors and awards
Late materials will not be accepted
All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 5:00 p.m. on April 9th.
You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.