Southeastern High School
South Charleston, Ohio
The OELMA Scholarship is awarded to an Ohio resident enrolled in an accredited library school program, who’s pursuing licensure in school library/media. This scholarship is intended to help defray educational costs for future library media specialists as they complete their studies.
OELMA’s Scholarship & Awards Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Committee is comprised of a representative from each OELMA Region, the Immediate Past President, and the Scholarship and Awards Co-Chairs, who are appointed by the President. OELMA’s Board of Directors makes the final decision on all awards.
- OELMA membership is preferred, but not required
- Is a permanent Ohio resident, who can demonstrate financial need
- Enrollment as a full-time or part-time student at an accredited library program, leading to school library media licensure and/or a library graduate degree
- Evidence of a commitment to a career in school librarianship
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program Application Form
- Official transcript from the college or university in which the applicant is enrolled
- Application letter, which explains how the applicant meets scholarship selection criteria and provides evidence of the applicant’s commitment to a career in school librarianship
Late materials will not be accepted
All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 5:00 p.m. on April 9th.
You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.