2016 Floyd Dickman Programming Grant:
Van Wert Elementary School
The Floyd Dickman Programming Grant honors the life and contributions of Floyd Dickman by partnering with Junior Library Guild to create the Floyd Dickman Programming Grant. This grant will be awarded to one school library in Ohio each year to help fund programs that inspire children to embrace the joy of reading. The grant will continue the work that Floyd was so passionate about during his lifetime.
The Floyd Dickman Programming Grant recipient will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA’s 2017 Annual Conference. The recipient will receive grant monies in the amount of $250 from Junior Library Guild. The recipient’s name will be announced via OELMA’s email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA’s webpage.
OELMA’s Awards Strategic Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Committee is comprised of four OELMA members approved by the OELMA Board, Immediate Past President, Co-chairs of the Awards Strategic Committee approved by the OELMA Board, and the Director Liaison to Awards. The OELMA Board of Directors makes the final decision on all awards.
The Floyd Dickman Programming Grant recipient will be selected from nominees who meet the following criteria:
- A licensed Ohio library media specialist, who is an OELMA member
- Submit a narrative of no more than 250 words that describes how the grant will be used in the school library to enhance the print collection and inspire the joy of reading among children and/or youth
- Submit a letter of support from the school administrator
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online application form
- Narrative of no more than 250 words or less that describes how the grant will be used in the school library to enhance the print collection and inspire the joy of reading among children and/or youth
- Letter of support from the school administrator
- Photograph in .jpg or .gif format
Late materials will not be accepted.
All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 5:00 p.m. on April 3rd.
You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.