Literacy Leader Award
The Literacy Leader Award recognizes community organizations for exemplary support of literacy. This award honors community organizations supporting literacy that reinforces student learning.Apply Online
The Literacy Leader Award recipient receives a commemorative plaque. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA’s Fall Annual Conference. The recipient/s will be announced via OELMA’s email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA’s webpage.
The Literacy Leader Award recipient will be selected from applicants and nominees who meet the following criteria:
- Community organizations that provide exemplary support of literacy and nominated by an OELMA member
- Demonstration of a strong, ongoing commitment to developing literacy through educational programming and/or grassroots literacy program implementation
- Meets at least minimum score on OELMA’s Literacy Leader Award Rubric
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- Nomination letter, providing specific evidence of the nominee’s ongoing support of educational programs supporting literacy and learning
Late materials will not be accepted. All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 11:59 p.m. on March 29th. You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.