The OELMA Scholarship is awarded to an Ohio resident enrolled in an accredited library school program, who’s pursuing licensure in school library/media. This scholarship is intended to help defray educational costs for future library media specialists as they complete their studies.Apply Online
The OELMA Scholarship recipient receives a $ 500 stipend and a framed commemorative certificate. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA’s Fall Annual Conference. The Scholarship recipient’s name will be announced via OELMA’s email list and posted on the Scholarship & Awards section of OELMA’s webpage.
The OELMA Scholarship Scholarship recipient will be selected from nominees who meet the following criteria:
- OELMA membership is preferred, but not required
- Permanent Ohio resident, who can demonstrate financial need
- Enrollment as a full-time or part-time student at an accredited library program, leading to school library media licensure and/or a library graduate degree
- Evidence of a commitment to a career in school librarianship
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- Official transcript from the college or university in which the applicant is enrolled
- Application letter, which explains how the applicant meets scholarship selection criteria and provides evidence of the applicant’s commitment to a career in school librarianship
Late materials will not be accepted. All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 11:59 p.m. on April 20th. You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.