Outstanding Contributor Award
OELMA's Outstanding Contributor Award recognizes an Ohio licensed school librarian who has made outstanding contributions to school librarianship. The honoree has demonstrated a long-term commitment to the school library profession while serving in OELMA leadership roles.Submit a Nomination
The Outstanding Contributor Award recipient receives a commemorative plaque. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA's Fall Annual Conference. The recipient's name will be announced via OELMA's email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA's webpage.
The Outstanding Contributor Award recipient will be selected from applicants and nominees who meet the following criteria:
- OELMA membership for the previous five years
- An Ohio licensed library media specialist, who has made outstanding contributions to school librarianship
- An active participant in OELMA, who has served in multiple Association leadership roles
- Meets at least minimum score on OELMAs Outstanding Contributor Award Rubric
The application for this award is a two-step process. Step 1 is the nomination (you may nominate yourself) that requires a 250-word rationale for the nomination that speaks to the rubric/checklist criteria. Additional documentation may be attached to the nomination form. Step 2 is the application that is to be completed by the nominee for the award. Applications should include the following materials:
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- Career-related details (e.g. resume), including the following: current and previous professional positions, education, professional organizations and offices held, outstanding achievements, honors and awards
- Photograph in .jpg or .gif format
- A 500-word statement of qualification that speaks to the rubric/checklist criteria. The nominee may expand on the statement of qualification by submitting an additional document and/or having another person submit a letter of qualification that explains how the nominee meets the award selection criteria.
- A letter of support providing specific evidence of the nominee's contributions to the school library profession and service in OELMA leadership roles. Be sure to include a statement about how the nominee communicates and articulates a library philosophy that positively affects the school library program.
Late materials will not be accepted. All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 11:59 p.m. on March 29th. You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.