District Library Media Specialist
Princeton City Schools
The Intellectual Freedom Award recognizes Ohio school librarians and/or other Ohio educators who demonstrate support for the American Library Association’s principles of intellectual freedom. Award recipients exhibit a strong commitment to First Amendment values through the active promotion of — and defense of — the freedom to read and ALA’s principles of intellectual freedom.
The Intellectual Freedom Award recipient receives a commemorative plaque. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA’s Fall Annual Conference. The recipient’s name will be announced via OELMA’s email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA’s webpage.
OELMA’s Scholarship & Awards Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Committee is comprised of four OELMA members approved by the OELMA Board, Immediate Past President, Co-chairs of the Awards Strategic Committee approved by the OELMA Board, and the Director Liaison to Awards. The OELMA Board of Directors makes the final decision on all awards.
The Intellectual Freedom Award recipient will be selected from applicants and nominees who meet the following criteria:
- OELMA membership is preferred, but not required
- Employed as an Ohio school librarian or in another Ohio educational role
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to First Amendment values through the active promotion of — and defense of — the freedom to read and ALA’s principles of intellectual freedom
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- Nomination letter, providing specific evidence of the nominee’s active promotion of — and defense of — the freedom to read and ALA’s principles of intellectual freedom
- Photograph of the nominee in .jpg or .gif format
Late materials will not be accepted
All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 11:59 p.m. on April 6th.
You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.