The Emerging Leader Award recognizes OELMA members who have recently assumed an OELMA leadership role for the first time. This Award honors members who demonstrate leadership potential and encourages members' active participation in OELMA.
Multiple recipients – ideally, a representative from each OELMA Region – may be selected for this Award.
The Emerging Leader Award recipient receives a framed commemorative certificate. The Award honoree will be recognized during OELMA's Awards Event at the Annual Conference. The recipient's name will be posted on the Scholarship & Awards section of OELMA's Web page and announced via OELMA's list serv.
OELMA's Scholarship & Awards Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Scholarship and Awards Committee is comprised of a representative from each OELMA Region, the Immediate Past President, and the Scholarship and Awards Chair, who is appointed by the President. Although this Committee makes award recommendations, OELMA's Board of Directors makes the final decision at the May Board meeting.
The Emerging Leader Award recipient will be selected from applicants and nominees who meet the following criteria:
- OELMA membership;
- Effectively filled an OELMA leadership role within the last two years; and
- Previously had not assumed an OELMA leadership role nor received an OELMA recognition award.
Application packets should include the following materials:
- Completed OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program Application Form; and
- Nomination letter, which explains how the nominee meets award selection criteria and provides evidence of the nominee's active participation in the Association.
All application materials must be submitted to the OELMA Office in a single packet via one of these methods:
- Hand-deliver the Awards submission materials to the OELMA Office by 5 p.m. April 15;
- Mail the Awards submission materials, which must be postmarked by 5 p.m. April 15; or
- Online at www.oelma.org by 5 p.m. April 15 (You will be able to upload supporting submission material to the online form)
Late materials will not be accepted.
Send completed application materials to:
OELMA Office, c/o Scholarships & Awards Committee, 17 South High Street,
Suite 200, Columbus, OH 43215 E-mail: