The Emerging Leader Award recognizes OELMA members who have recently assumed an OELMA leadership role for the first time. This Award honors members who demonstrate leadership potential and encourages members’ active participation in the Association.
Multiple recipients – ideally, a representative from each OELMA Region – may be selected for this Award.
The Emerging Leader Award recipient receives a framed commemorative certificate. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA's Annual Conference. The recipient's name will be announced via OELMA’s E-mail list and posted on the Scholarship & Awards section of OELMA’s Web page.
OELMA’s Scholarship & Awards Committee is charged with reviewing applications for all Association awards. The Committee is comprised of a representative from each OELMA Region, the Immediate Past President, and the Scholarship and Awards Co-Chairs, who are appointed by the President. OELMA’s Board of Directors makes the final decision on all awards.
The Emerging Leader Award recipient will be selected from applicants and nominees who meet the following criteria:
- Current OELMA membership;
- Effectively filled an OELMA leadership role for the first time within the last two years; and
- Previously had not filled an OELMA leadership role, been elected to an OELMA office, nor received an OELMA recognition award. Current Board Members are not eligible for this award.
Application packets should include the following materials:
- Completed OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program Application Form; and
- Nomination letter, which explains how the nominee meets award selection criteria and provides evidence of the nominee's active participation in the Association.
Late materials will not be accepted.
All application materials must be submitted to the OELMA Office in a single packet or .pdf file. The following three submission methods may be used:
1. Hand-deliver award application materials to the OELMA Office by 5 p.m. April 15;
2. Mail award application materials. Award materials must be postmarked by 5 p.m. April 15;
3. Submit award application materials online at www.oelma.org by 5 p.m. April 15.
(You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.)